Best Original Screenplay
- Amour – Michael Haneke
- Enjoyed it, thought provoking.
- Django Unchained – Quentin Tarantino
- Not a Tarantino fan, but the cool kids love him.
- Flight – John Gatins
- Totally on board... until a really trite ending. I don't mind redemption, but it was out of the blue,
- Moonrise Kingdom – Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola
- Didn't see it. Probably won't.
- Zero Dark Thirty – Mark Boal
- Engaging. Controversial. Hurt Locker... Will last years win hurt?
Will Win: Danjo
Best Adapted Screenplay
- Argo – Chris Terrio from The Master of Disguiseby Antonio J. Mendez & The Great Escape byJoshuah Bearman
- Loved it. Hollywood insiders did too. Affleck's slight as best director will help this film in every other catagory/
- Beasts of the Southern Wild – Lucy Alibar andBenh Zeitlin from Juicy and Delicious by Lucy Alibar
- Hated it despite a fine defense by my friend, Rich.
- Life of Pi – David Magee from Life of Pi by Yann Martel
- Well adapted. Love Ang Lee, but it was not really distiguished.
- Lincoln – Tony Kushner from Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln byDoris Kearns Goodwin
- Want to see the gay guy wiin, but... I am afraid there were a few over the top moments and some misplaced scenes.
- Silver Linings Playbook – David O. Russell fromThe Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick
- Absolutely swept up through-out. Is it too romantic comedy?
Will Win: Argo