Monday, May 4, 2009

A weekend full of good things...



Nice Digs!

I have just returned from a trip to NYC. My primary purpose was to be a part of a fund raising event at St. Bartholmew's Episcopal Church for the Integrity Anaheim Appeal. Dr. Louie Crew spoke to a gathering of the Lesbian and Gay Fellowship Group at St. Bart's. Louie covered the history of LGBT legislation with his usual aplomb. I pitch the reasons to support Integrity at the Diocesan and National Level. The sermon was about community and the lectionary reading from John's Letter spoke of turning words into action in living out our call as Christians. It was all very aligned. The Spirit does that so nicely.

My new BFF's are Chap and Michael who put me up in Queens. They took me along to a Marriage Equality meeting in Queens (see below) which gave me some new hope...seeing a gaggle of gays and gay friendly folk ready to take on Senator George Onorato's 81 year old views... If anyone can do it these folks can!

I started the weekend off with Harry (of Lipstick Jungle fame) in Brooklyn and we went to see Next to Normal, a musical about mental illness. Wonderful show, but Alice as a tad "pitchy," you know what I mean, dog?

Credit for pictures of St. Bart's goes to their website.

2 comments:

  1. What Neil didn't say was that he was a perfect guest :-).

    Also, did you take those pics? They're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I took those photos... they are from the St. Bart's website. Giving credit where it is due!

    ReplyDelete