Thursday, May 7, 2009

Public Narrative at TEC Province II Synod (before)

It's always nice to be asked to facilitate discussion groups. Usually it gets you off the hook from having to put your own life on the line. When I got the call to do this I said, "YOU BET!"

It's USUALLY nice to be asked. This time I have to tell my story as an example. Hey, OK, I have stories to tell, but which one? Shall I tell of Father Tom Hanson's influence in my life with the strange story of Kyle's baptism as a catch? Maybe I should tell of my intimate experience with the collateral damage a marriage based repressed sexuality can cause.

Then I find out that I have a 2 minute limit.

Pray for me. I have written and rewritten several stories and every time I start it's a different story.

Why are we doing this? The stated purpose is to bring a sense of purpose and urgency about our church mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment