Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Cheers for 3 Mo' Divas!


The Gandell's took us to see 3 'Mo Divas tonight at GeVa.

I could rank them in order, but I won't. You need to go and do it yourself.

This was one of the most exhilarating evenings of entertainment.. no THE most exhilarating evening of Entertainment that I have had this year.

Starting with Opera sung well these classically trained singers to us to many places far from the Opera House.

I confess to being a little leary of how far this very white man to travel on this journey. The led me gently into a world of Soul with familiar Broadway tunes and a showstopping rendition of "God Bless the Child." Then the show just kept on stopping with joyous celebration and a heart breaking rendition of Billy Holiday's "Strange Fruit." This song was new to me a left me unable to applaud. I was so deeply moved.

The show pun through pop, rock and disco to a spirit filled "His Eye is on the Sparrow."

See this!

No comments:

Post a Comment