Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The 1928 final revision of the BCP


I received a letter from the Episcopalians for Traditional Faith opining the work of General Convention. No surprise there.

Their Raison d'ĂȘtre is to promote use of the Book of Common Prayer 1928. I clicked on the link displayed. It correctly displayed www.etf1928.org but when I clicked on it www.1928.org. And here is part of what was displayed:

Sponsored listings

My memories of the 1928 Prayer Book are fond. I like an occasional glance through it. It's in my historical collection. If I collected cars I am sure I would treasure a 1928 Ford, but probably not rely on it to go further than a local visit.

I am currently reading Leviticus. What a fascinating look at what the Lord told the people of Isreal wandering the desert. Would I rely on visiting my priest to have my boils and rashes checked? Probably not in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment