Thursday, January 15, 2009

Glad to be Home for the Festivities


It will be interesting to see what kind of crowds materialize for the inauguration. If the crowd predictions didn't frighten some people away from going to DC for the inaugural weekend, the weather predictions certainly will reduce the crowds.

Being there would have been a thrill, but snuggling up with MSNBC is probably a better choice.

I found, as always, Gene Robinson's comments to be calming. There is nothing wrong with questioning the decisions of President-Elect Obama, but this weekend is a time to celebrate many, many things as we prepare for a challenging future together.

Funny, I don't remember what happened 4 years ago this weekend. Come to think of it, what happened 8 years ago?

No matter! Tuesday brings a President that I don't expect I will always agree with, but I have every confidence I will respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment