After about 30 minute shuttle ride I arrived in Pasadena. Thursday we met from 4-6 PM and on Friday and Saturday from 9-5.
Around this was some time for more informal discussions among the newly formed board about out roles and reponsibilities took place. For me this was especially useful and Getchen Renfro, Susan McCann, Chair and Vice-Chair of the Stakeholders Council and I sat down to examine our own roles and the relationships we can build.
Above Rear: David Cupps, Treasurer; Neil Houghton VP for Local Affairs; Louise Brooks, Media Coordinator; Gretchen Renfro, Chair of Stakeholders Council
Front: David Norgard, President; Albert Ogle, VP for National Affairs
Our Agenda included:
- A conversation with Tom Kam from Arcus Foundation (one of our grant sources)
- The Adoption of our Strategic Plan through 2012
- Adoption of Believe Out Loud Episcopal Congregations program
- Development Plan through 2012
- Adoption of Guidelines for Gift Acknowledgment and Donor Recognition
- Adoption of Gift Acceptance Policy
- Adoption of Budget 2010 Budget
- Media Training and discussion
- The 100,000 Blessings campaign
- Working as a remotely situated team/working amidst change
- Scheduling our future teleconferences and next in-person meeting