Monday, January 18, 2010

Almost Home...


Almost home. Thanks to fact that my desire to be a geek outweighs my ability to be a geek I hope to make it back to Rochester about 12 hourse later than planned.

It seems that I don't understand time-zone support. The plane did indeed leave Burbank at 3:30 PM Eastern Time. And I made it to the airport in plenty of time to depart ... if that were 3:30 PM Pacific Time. Alas, for those of you who understand time zones that was an hour after the flight left. Kyle would be mystified by now, but if you are with me, it was a matter of having this wonderful thing called "time zone" support on my electronic calendar and not quite having mastered it.

But all is well. While I ended up stand-by on the red-eye, I made it on AND into the exit aisle with lots of leg room. I was in the middle seat, but the aisle seat TV was not functioning. The guy sitting there wanted to watch TV so badly that he moved to the only other empty seat on the plane. That left me with, what my remaining seat-mate called a "double wide."

I don't sleep well when traveling so I watched TV all the way. Here I am in JFK where JetBlue has a fabulous new terminal with free wi-fi and a place to sit and charge and browse and order food. In front of me is monitor with a credit card swipe at its side. I can choose from the menu and have it delivered to my seat. So fish are fed, crops harvested and planted and the mob dealt with... and if I really wanted caffiene it would magically appear.

Life doesn't get any better than this ... if only I were not so bleary eyed....

No comments:

Post a Comment