Wednesday, June 17, 2009

To My Black Union Friends

Friends,

If you don't read "Pam's House Blend" you should. Pam is one of the best bloggers on LGBT issues who happens to be African-American. Or is it the other way around? I know she brings a perspective that has helped me to make connections form an experience that is one I will never know. Gee why am I thinking of Judge Sotomajor?

Anyway, here's one on a new coalition. About time!

Jordan/Rustin and Marriage Equality




An LGBT march is being planned for October in Washington for LGBT rights. As I recall a gay African American was instrumental in planning a march on Washington that lead to "I have a dream." Bayard Rustin did that with the support of Unions and the faith community. Unfortunately he ended up not attending that march. Long story.

Is it time to pay it forward?

No comments:

Post a Comment