Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Steve Jobs 1955-2011

It seems so personal. Apple has been such an important part of my life since my first Apple II+ with 48K of memory. That's right. Not 48GB. Not 48MB. 48K. The word processor displayed everything in uppercase letters. Caps were displayed in inverse and printed in upper and lower case on the dot matrix printer. The hard-copy printed at rates of minutes per page, not the othe way around.

And then there was the IIe, the IIgs, the first portable and the Newton (those last two belonged to the school district). I never had the monochrome box, but I did own a "Bondi Blue" iMac. Now I am on my third laptop. And of course the string of iPods is impressive. It wasn't until iPhone 4 was released that I finally lined up at AT&T.

Now, as Steve Jobs is remembered I watch and remember as the designs unfold.

Steve Job's vision of design being a functional extension of the human mind was elegant genius.

Certainly Jobs will join the likes of Edison and Ford in the history of the United States.

Thank you, Mr. Jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment