Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cute Air Traffic Control

Who doesn't know how to fasten a seat belt? Who seriously pays attention when the flight attendance show you how at least 4 times during every round trip lately?

When a little humor is injected into the tedium it makes me feel more relaxed. I have had flight attendants that get the message across with humor. The boarding attendant at Washington National 35 is a scream. "It's a long walk to Buffalo if you don't get on that plane."

When I heard that an air traffic controller brought his kid to work, I wondered what all the fuss was about. "The most aggregious breach of conduct," said the Secretary of Transportation. Then I heard the tape.

Now I am not one to think that kids pretending to be adults is "cute." I'm not a "cute" kind of guy... but this was cute. It was obvious that the dad had everything in control and the pilots thought is was fine.

So what's the big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment