Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Beyond Politics

This morning I awoke to tweets by the POTUS trying to blame Senator Schumer for the terrorist attack in NYC. This is so wrong.  Sadly I was not surprised.

The last year has been very stressful.   What seems obvious to me, seems invisible to others:  Donald Trump is unfit to President of the United States.

As I post observations on Facebook that I believe to be based on observable facts I am challenged as being unable to get over Hillary Clinton's defeat.  I have been told I am angry, mean and accusatory.  I have been told I have to get over it and "grow a set."

When it comes to maturity and the ability to look beyond the personal and take actions that are best for the entire country, Trump's actions come as no surprise.  He laid this out by his own actions during the campaign.  He not only tolerated but encouraged lies, hate and division.  A year into his Presidency that continues.

I would say he needs to stop his "tweet first, think later" approach. That presumes that he is able to think as a leader of this country.  He's not.  Once the tweet is out he will defend it at all cost.  He never apologizes, he doubles down.

This is so much bigger than politics.

I'm moving my political/theological comments to this blog.  It's therapeutic for me and if anyone cares to read it they can come here.



No comments:

Post a Comment